Monday, July 5, 2010

Freedom Earned

Yesterday, America celebrated its independence. There is something beautiful about one nation setting aside their drastic differences by coming together to acknowledge the freedom that didn't come so freely.

The price of freedom is hard work and sacrifice. That's one of the problems with my generation, they aren't willing to give up the things they want or have for a greater prize.

Freedom transcends beyond the physical. We have this tendency as people to let our burdens control our actions.

We always have our choices in life. Free will is probably the most generous gift that has been given to humanity and we abuse that freedom with every selfish choice we make.

The path of the righteouss is filled with sacrifice and pain but I'll keep my pain if it reminds me of the gifts I take for granted everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment