Saturday, December 13, 2008

Northern Light(s)

For the past couple of years I've been doing this through myspace and facebook but now I want to expand my fanbase...(kidding). I feel that blogging here will be more efficient/effective and more organized.

So Right now I just want to address my plans for my blog.
In the future I will be writing my thoughts down as a means to simply clear my head. This has always been my strategy but I'm not sure if I've ever made that clear or not.

I've chosen the title Northern Light(s) for this blog. There are a couple of meanings behind it, the simplest of which is that it's part of a song title by one of my favorite bands, Anberlin. The full song title is called Burn Out Brighter (Northern Lights). The song reflects what's on my heart in the chorus.

Live; I wanna live inspired.
Die; I wanna die for something higher than myself.
Live and die for anyone else.
The more I live I see, this life's not about me.


My biggest dream is to inspire and live inspired. I haven't shared that with too many people before, but now it is out for everyone to know. I believe in something higher than myself and I only wish that people come to agree with me that the world would be a better place if we thought less about ourselves and more about others.

Another meaning behind Northern Light(s), has to do with the parenthesis. This phrase shows a sense of direction in life for me as well as others. On a compass, the needle is forced to point north. A sailor could always look at the night sky and locate the north star to help them find their destination. North represents my destination. As long as I know what direction north is, I will always know where to walk.

The Light represents what I'm supposed to be. Those that inspire me in life shine brighter than I probably ever will. That does not mean I can't strive to shine even brighter than them. Everything I do needs to be done in the light. There's a purity to the idea of light and I want to hold a level of purity to how I live.

Finally, the Light(s). This represents what those who are inspired with me or by me because I can not guarantee that I will directly inspire anyone, and that's okay. But what kind of a man would I be if I didn't even attempt to change the world around me to make it a brighter place? What man is a man if he does not make the world better?

That took longer than I meant for it to, but all in all my plan for this blog is to have a conversation. I want people to converse with me and not just read but think about what I have to say and let me know if you agree or better yet, disagree.

I know I'm not the smartest person in the world. I know I can be arrogant. I know I can be sarcastic.

But I also know that I'm on a constant journey and each day I learn something new.

In the future I'd like to learn with those who are willing to join me on that journey.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment