Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mirror Images

Today, I stood in front of a mirror and looked into my own eyes.

I had gotten lost for a brief moment, wondering what I was doing. I was looking for something.

I was searching for passion.

I was searching for strength.

I was searching for courage.

Did I find them?

I'm not entirely sure, but the day went well. It went very well. I felt as if a weight was slightly lifted, but not completely gone.

Tomorrow, I'll do the same thing.

The best way to face my fear, is to face myself.

I've heard people say that the eyes are the window to the soul. I don't believe that, because when I looked into my own eyes I didn't see my soul. I did see something.

Through everything that I've gone through in my short time on this Earth, I've been warn down. I've gotten tired. I've wanted to give up. I've wanted to quit. I have given up at times.

And even through all of this thoughts and wavering feelings, when I looked into my eyes I saw life.

I saw a reason for a change in posture.

Back straight. Shoulders back. Eyes forward.

Make a move.

Live.

Life is definitely worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment