Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Thoughts

We celebrate the birth and death/resurrection of Jesus, but what we fail to do as his followers is celebrate his life.

let's face it, his dying and rebirth was truly remarkable but so was feeding the 5000 and healing the blind or even finding a way to get so many people to listen to him. The bible says there was nothing impressive about him physically so it must have been a task to achieve the audiences he spoke to daily.

As God, he saved the world. As a man, he changed it drastically.
We can be so tunnel visioned with our spirituality. We focus in on the importance of Christmas and Easter only on those specific days. Traditions are fine and all but they can take away from what truly matters, people.

David was said to be a man after God's own heart. My journey on life has led me to discovery that God's heart beats for his creation and we, humanity, are the most important of his creation.

It's pretty simple then, God lives for his creation and designed us to do the same yet it feels to me like we have lost our direction.

I am aware of how this makes me sound, like the Grinch or even Ebenezer Scrooge, and the truth is sometimes I feel like that might not be far from he truth. As I've always done, I invite you on the journey with me to explore the heart of God and bow we can practice its rhythm. Let's find a way to destroy the routines that guide our faith and fall in line with the only heartbeat that matters. 

It would feel cheap to wish you a merry Christmas in this moment so I won't do so. What I will do is wish you safe travels and a helping hand along this dangerous path we have all chosen. 
It is far from safe to enter into a relationship with your creator...but it is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment